“Handmaids” pupils participate in a variety of Sports at different levels bi- or tri-ennially in the School’s Inter-House Sports Competition. Participation is encouraged because the School believes that Sports provide the opportunity for pupils to become more involved in School and help improve their fitness, mental, emotional, social and academic well-being.
The School also believes that Sports encourage pride in achievement and respect for opponents, build team spirit, improve fitness levels and aid in establishing involvement in fitness activities. Hence to realise these benefits, it ensures that a healthy, safe, fun and competitive sporting environment is provided so that pupils can learn the rigour and discipline necessary for success.
Pupils are grouped into different Houses through which they compete against each other in the Inter-House Sports Competition. There are Eight Houses and each holds over 100 pupils with teachers to coordinate.
- Red House was named in honour of the former Catholic Archbishop of Lagos; Archbishop Emeritus, Cardinal Anthony Olubunmi Okogie
- Blue House Blue House was named in honour of Our Lady
- Green House was named in honour of the Landlord who donated the plot of land on which the School situates
- Yellow House was named in honour of the School
- Pink House was named in honour of the Parent Teacher Association (PTA) of the School
- Purple House was named in honour of Saint Gertrude – the Patron Saint of the first Superior General of the Congregation of the Handmaids of the Holy Child Jesus.
- Orange House was named in honour of the Infant Jesus.
- Ivory House was named in honour of Mother Mary Charles Walker – the Foundress of the Congregation of the Handmaids of the Holy Child Jesus.