Travel constitutes an integral component of education that is holistic. It is based on this principle that the school embarks on excursions. Also, being a social institution, the school through relevant co-curricular activities such as this becomes involved in the social life of its environment.
Recent Excursion Trips
- » Visit to the Amber SeaWorld- Wood field Farm Park, Epe Road
- » Participation of the pupils in the NTA 2 Children’s Costume Festival
- » Visit of the Global Smartfit Shoes factory, Satellite Town by the Basic 6 pupils
- » Visit to the Amusement Park, Apapa
- » Visit to the Nigeria Railway Corporation, Apapa Road, Ebute-Metta
- » Bi- or Tri-ennial School’s Inter-house Sports Competition
- » Celebration of the World Teachers Day
- » Joint birthday celebrations for Staff
- » Opening and closing Mass for each term of the academic session held at Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Church (OLF), Aguda
- » Organisation of a Bi-ennial Cultural Day celebration
- » First Holy Communion celebration for Pupils
- » Annual Graduation/Prizing-Giving Day
- » Christmas end of year activities for Parents, Staff and Pupils
- » Observation of Ash Wednesday
- » Training and re-training sessions for Staff
- » Annual Catholic Primary Schools Mock examinations for Basic 6 pupils
Visits to Motherless Babies and Abandoned Babies Homes, Less Privileged and Old People’s Homes
We visit the less privileged, motherless baby’s homes and old people’s homes as part of our yearly activities. These homes are visited with items such as clothes, food items, toiletries, provisions and cash donated by parents and pupils.
The purpose of these visits is to put smiles on the faces of the inmates and help them feel a sense of solidarity with the rest of society. The Missionary Childhood Association and Nigerian Red Cross society usually embark on these visits.
Some of the places visited so far include:
- » The Modupe Cole Memorial Child care and Treatment home, School for the Handicapped (Mentally Retarded) at No 1 St. Finbarr’s College Road, Pako Bus stop, Akoka, Yaba , Lagos;
- » Nigerian Red Cross Motherless and Abandoned babies homes at No 2 Makoko Road Adekunle Yaba, Lagos;
- » Hearts of Gold Hospice at Alhaji Masha Road, Onilegogoro, Surulere, Lagos.
- » Visit to the Domestic Terminal 1, Muritala Mohammed Airport, Ikeja
- » Visit to Slave Trade Centre Badagry.
- » Visit to the Muritala Mohammed Airport 2, Ikeja, Lagos
- » Visit to Bond F.M. 92.9, Ikeja, Lagos